We at The Green Suites Restaurant, recommend a two plate menu followed by a delectable dessert for a delicious meal to make if you are unable to go out or choosing to stay at home. This way, you can enjoy simple but flavourful dishes and share a gastronomic experience at home with your family or simply by yourself.
Tasty and Easy to Prepare: Shrimp Potato Salad
As a starter, we propose a simple plate that everyone will love and, much to your benefit, is a lot easier to prepare than it seems. Everyone is familiar with a simple potato salad, well this version includes fresh or frozen shrimp to give you a new take on a favourite.
Ingredients for 4 people:
If you don’t have any of the following ingredients at home, not to worry! Take advantage of the ingredients you do have and any other additions that you think might work well. To prepare this shrimp potato salad, you’ll need:
– ½ kg fresh or frozen shrimp
– 1 kg potatoes
– 3 tbs of fresh or frozen peas
– 1 large carrot or 2 medium sized carrots
– 400 gr of mayonnaise
– salt and black pepper, to taste
As you can see below, just follow these 8 steps for a delicious dish:
- Wash the potatoes and carrots well. Place them in a large pot without pealing, cover with water and cook. Add in a pinch of salt. Given that they have different cook times, test the carrots and potatoes during the cook time to avoid either of them overcooking.
- Remove from heat, drain carefully and let the vegetables cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the shrimp if they are not already. Fill another pot with water over heat and when the water boils, add in a handful of salt and cook the shrimp for a few minutes.
- Drain the shrimp, take off the head and peal carefully so they do not fall apart.
- Cut the shrimp into small pieces.
- When they have cooled, peel the potatoes and carrots and chop them into small pieces.
- Toss the chopped potato into a bowl with the shrimp, carrot and peas.
- Add in the mayonnaise and stir the mixture with a wooden spoon carefully. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Now that this tasty shrimp potato salad is ready…you are all set to serve and enjoy if you live with family, friends or have it all to yourself!
What about the entrée? A simple Spanish-inspired classic: Tortilla de Patatas (Potato Omelette)
This Spanish version of a classic omelette is a surprisingly easy recipe to prepare with basic ingredients that will make for an unforgettable dish at home. Without further ado, below you will find the list of ingredients and the cooking instructions that you should follow if you have never attempted this version of the classic omelette:
Ingredients for 4 people
There are many different versions of this recipe, and we’ve chosen this simple version with just a bit of onion. Although we believe it adds a unique touch to the dish, if you’re just not a fan, you’re more than welcome to leave it out!
-500 gr of potatoes
-1 onion, finely chopped
-Salt, to taste
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Clean and peel the potatoes and onion.
- Chop both the potatoes and onion into small slices.
- Fill a large frying pan with abundant oil and place both the potatoes and onion in the oil. Let them cook until they are brown.
- Take both out of the pan and drain them well on a plate covered with a paper towel or napkin.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and mix in the potatoes and eggs, stirring carefully to coat everything.
- Add in a pinch of salt to taste.
- Remove most of the oil into another container, but leave just a bit left on the bottom so the ingredients don’t stick. Pour the ingredients back in and cook over low heat. With a spatula, push the egg down from the sides of the pan. Let it cook.
- When the omelette is cooking around the edges and appears to be cooked on the bottom, take a plate that is large enough to cover the surface of the pan and carefully, over the sink, flip the omelette onto the pan. Remove the pan and insert the uncooked side carefully back into the pan. Let it cook for a few more minutes and remove from heat until it is done. Serve and enjoy!
As you can tell, in just 8 steps you were able to prepare a delicious Spanish-inspired omelette with potatoes and onions. Success is guaranteed at home. However, if your family is larger, we’ll give you the proportions to adjust the recipe: for every 100 gr of potatoes, use one egg. So, take notes and enjoy this opportunity to be at home making something you might not have tried before!
Got a sweet tooth? Dessert: Cheesecake with raspberry marmalade
To end your varied and healthy menu on a sweet note, we suggest preparing a simple no-bake cheesecake with just a few ingredients. The ingredients and steps to follow for this recipe are listed here:
-200 gr of cream cheese
-500 ml of cream
-40 gr of sugar
-1 packet of plain gelatine
-150 gr of biscuits
-75 gr of butter
-Raspberry marmalade, for the topping
- Crush the biscuits in a plastic bag by hand or use a food processor, whatever you hand at home.
- Melt the butter and mix it in with the blended biscuits until it is a wet paste.
- Cover the bottom of a circular cake tin with adjustable sides, press it firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- Leave that in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a pot, combine the cream, gelatine, sugar and stir until it has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add in the indicated amount of cream cheese, mixing the ingredients well.
- Place the mixture on top of the biscuit mould and let that solidify for at least 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Run a knife along the edges to separate it from the tin and remove the sides of the cake tin. Spread the raspberry marmalade over the top to add the final touches.