Whether you’re enjoying a family meal, a birthday celebration or a sweet snack at home, any excuse is a good one to make a chocolate dessert, right? We want to celebrate chocolate in all of its glory with you by offering a series of exquisite desserts to inspire you to prepare them at home. However, if you’re not up to cooking, come to our GreenSuites Coffee Restaurant and try one of our delectable homemade treats. You won’t regret it!
1. Chocolate Cream Pie
An all-time classic. Chocolate cream is ideal if you want to surprise your loved ones by bringing out your homemade baked good side! Make the perfect ending to a complete menu in the company of family or friends. Try this decadent and creamy chocolate pie following these simple steps!
200 g digestive oatmeal biscuits
70 g butter
120 g dark chocolate
120 g milk chocolate
1 tsp sugar
3 gelatine sheets
75 ml water
200 ml heavy whipping cream
- Crush the biscuits in a bowl. Melt the butter and add to the beaten egg. After, add the crushed biscuits and mix well until you have ball.
- In a microwave-safe round mould, spread the mixture over the bottom and press down with a spoon. Heat in the microwave 3 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (or double boiler) over the stove. Once it has melted, add in the sugar.
- In a small bowl, add the gelatine sheets with cold water and when they have softened, strain and dissolve in hot water. Add the water with the melted gelatine to the chocolate and mix well. Set aside.
- Whip the cream and fold into the chocolate gently.
- Pour this mixture over the biscuit mixture base in the mould. After, let it set in the refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- After it has set, remove from mould and serve.
To add a decorative touch, place a few sliced strawberries and fresh mint leaves on top. Then enjoy!
2. Molten Chocolate
A delicious dessert both inside and out, molten chocolate lava cake is a chocolate lovers paradise! If you’re not familiar with a molten chocolate cake, this dessert is a small cake on the outside filled with a warm liquid chocolate centre the floods onto your plate, much like lava from a volcano, when cut into. Sounds good, doesn’t it? Learn how to how to make it at home with our recipe!
250 g of dark melting chocolate
200 g of butter
150 g of sugar
130 g of flour, sifted
Margarine and cocoa powder for the moulds
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (or double boiler). Once melted, incorporate the butter and stir well. Remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs and sugar for 2 minutes until the eggs turn white, the sugar is mixed in and the mixture has grown in volume.
- Pour in the mixture of chocolate and butter and continue beating. After, use a spatula to fold in the sifted flour.
- Coat the moulds with margarine and then cover with the cocoa to prevent sticking. Pour the mix inside and bake at 180ºC for 8 minutes.
- Once they are ready, take out of the oven. They should be served soon after removing from the oven for best results. Accompany them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as a delicious contract between cold and warm. What are you waiting for?
3. White Chocolate Flan with Condensed Milk
For those who love chocolate in all its variations, this dessert is a combination of lighter colours: White chocolate and condensed milk custard. An explosion of sweetness in every bite and an ideal dessert for the hottest times of the year. Try making this flan dessert for everyone to enjoy! Read on and discover how to make it with just a few ingredients and simple steps.
1 bar of white chocolate for melting (180 g)
1 can of condensed milk ( 370 g
25 ml of liquid caramel
500 ml of water
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- In a saucepan, heat the condensed milk, water and white chocolate over low heat, stir continuously until everything has melted.
- Beat the eggs and pour the warm chocolate mixture in little by little. Remove from heat.
- Pour a thin layer of the liquid caramel into the mould, covering the entire base. After, pour the mixture into the mould.
- Bake in a bain-marie about 40-45 minutes or until the flan has solidified. Enjoy!